Saturday 31 December 2016

My Favourites of 2016

Good morning!  As always on New Year's Eve I have taken a look back at my blog posts over the past year and chosen some of my favourites from each month to share with you.  I hope you enjoy my look back at my favourite creations from 2016!

January

I loved this card I made in January so much that I decided to keep it to give to my husband this Christmas so that it would stay in my home lol!

February

My cards are usually quite similar, but very occasionally I decide to step out of my comfort zone.  This was one of those times and I loved how it turned out!  Made entirely with Stempelglede stamps it didn't take very long to make at all but looks so effective! 

March

Another card using Stempelglede stamps for my March choice.  This was the card I made for my Mum for Mother's Day this year.  I love how versatile the Stempelglede bird stamp is.  It works coloured in so many different ways to represent different birds.

April

April's choice is the card I made for my darling little girl for her 8th birthday.  She still has it on display in her room.

May

 It was too difficult to choose just one card from my May creations.  I love how this Minion card turned out for my little nephew's 3rd birthday.
I also love the soft, muted colours on this one and the hydrangea flowers - one of my favourite flowers.

June

 Another tough choice in June.  I loved how this archery target card turned out that I made for my children to give my Dad for Father's Day.
I also love how this clean and simple card turned out using sweet Tilda, painted in black and white except for the tiny spot of pink where colour has hit her from the raindrops!

July

 For July I have again chosen two creations.  These cute little blackboard thank you cards for my daughter to give her teacher and teaching assistants at the end of the summer term turned out exactly how I imagined and I love how fresh and clean they look.  They were made extra special by my daughter writing the recipient's names on with a white gel pen.
Another Stempelglede card in July - this is the card I made for my Mum's birthday this year.

August

 Oh my goodness, August was another tough month to choose just one creation from!  This clean and simple card for my brother's birthday used a mini Magnolia stamp and then I simply added some doodling with a fine tipped marker.  I love how it turned out!
 These ice-cream treat holders for my son's birthday party were another favourite of mine.  Complete with tags and paper strawberries that housed extra treats!
I love creating unusual shaped cards from scratch and was so pleased that my son's BB8 birthday card turned out so well!

September

 For September I have chosen three creations again!  This monotone vintage style card that I made for my parent's wedding anniversary was so quick to make but looks so effective.
 I was really pleased how these halloween cake boxes turned out and I love how colours you wouldn't usually put together: green, purple, orange and black, always seem to work for Halloween!
This Tilda card using red, white and blue is another favourite from September.  I love the camera and film strip dies from Magnolia.

October

This bookmark is my favourite creation from October.  It is not often that I make something for myself and I love the muted colours and my favourite Tilda stamp.

November

The card I made for my children to give my Dad on his birthday is my favourite from November.  I used several Stempelglede stamps including one from the newly released Steampunk Journey collection.  I love that little balloon!

December

I had many favourites from December's creations but have managed to narrow it down to four!  The cover box I made for After Eight Mints has to be my absolute favourite creation!  I love it and everyone who has visited my home throughout the festive period has commented on it and asked if I can make them one for them!  It is such a beautiful addition to the dinner table!
I also love this Christmas card I made for my children to give their Dad.  My favourite of this year's Christmas Tildas and my favourite santa belt ribbon.
The santa belt ribbon features in my third choice from December.  I love how this mini Santa turned out in his bright red clothes - he's so cute!
Another Stempelglede creation is one of my favourites from December and it is another shaped card that I made from scratch.  This is the card I made for my parents for Christmas.

I hope you've enjoyed my little look back through my 2016 creations.  Thanks for looking and I hope you have a wonderful time seeing the New Year in this evening!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Anna said...

So many Lovely Creations!
Happy New Year!
Hugs
Anna

Debra K. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Debra x