Saturday 8 October 2016

Stempelglede DT - New Stamps! - Steampunk Journey

 Good morning!  I am so excited to share today's card with you!  There is an incredible new stamp collection available at Stempelglede - Steampunk Journey.  As usual, the designs are breathtaking!  As soon as I saw the gorgeous balloon stamp I thought, "Wizard of Oz", and set about creating this card.  It is a stair step fold for the base.
 The main focus is, of course, the balloon.  I've painted it with Distress Inks.  I have cut lots of clouds using Magnolia Doohickey dies and added some emerald gems to add a bit of magic.
 I have also painted the Steampunk Gentleman with Distress Inks and added Glossy Accents to his goggles.  He is representing Oz in my little scene.  The film strip die cut is another Doohickey die.
 The Emerald City was created with a castle turret Doohickey die from Magnolia.  I have added Stardust Stickles for that all important sparkle.
 I created the sentiment myself on the computer.  I've aged the edges of the sentiment mat with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
 Another view looking down the fold of the card to see all of the clouds in there.
 The final stamp I have used from the collection is the Steampunk Time Flies Design, which I've also painted with Distress Inks.
 Here you can see the fold I have used for the base of the card.
Pop over to the Stempelglede blog to see the rest of the stamp collection and also some more fabulous designs using it from the rest of the Design Team.  I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous steampunk card.
Hugs, Donna xx

Jay said...

Wow what an amazing card, with so many thoughtful details, absolutely perfect embellies, like the emerald city and clouds to match in with your theme!!!
Crafty Cuddles Jay xx