Monday 17 October 2016

All About Magnolia DT - All About Autumn

 Good morning!  It is time for me to share this months creation for the All About Magnolia challenge.  This month our challenge is 'All About Autumn'.  The main things for me when I think about autumn are obviously the colours, Bonfire Night and Halloween.  As I'm not a huge fan of making cards in yellows, oranges and browns I decided to opt for a Halloween theme and make my first lollipop card - Trick or Treat?  Above is the 'Trick' side of my lollipop card.  I created the Halloween purple cardstock myself using spider and bat stamps from Whiff of Joy.
 I have used the super cute Mini Magnolia Mummy Edwin and painted him with Distress Inks.  I've used the bat stamp again here.
 The fabulous sentiment and frame is from a Tickled Pink stamps set I have and the pumpkin was cut with Doohickey dies.
 I've used another Doohickey die to cut the tag for the 'Happy Halloween' sentiment, which is another Whiff of Joy stamp.
 I've used the Peony Doohickey to create the black flowers and the rest of the flowers and berries are from The Ribbon Girl with the exception of the dark purple roses.
 Here's the 'Treat' side of the lollipop.  I have used the Mini Magnolia Popcorn stamp on this side as that is a favourite Autumn treat in our house while we snuggle up watching films.
 I have painted the image with Distress Inks.
 I have used a different frame around the 'treat?' sentiment, it is also from Tickled Pink Stamps.
 The flowers and berries are the same as for the 'Trick' side.  I have also added a toadstool and black cat to each side, cut with Doohicky dies.
 Have you noticed the cobwebs in the photos?  They are just whispy threads of glue from my glue gun!
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at All About Magnolia.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations.  Thanks for looking! x

1 comment:

Candy said...

Hi Jane'
Love that you made your own paper :o)
So smart to make the spider webs out of your glue gun!
Really sweet lollipop card.
Hugs,